WASHINGTON, D.C., January 19, 2012—The Council for Responsible Nutrition (CRN), the dietary supplement industry’s leading trade association, is pleased to announce the addition of five newly elected directors for its Board.
Effective immediately, the following executives will join 29 colleagues on the CRN Board: Mike DeGennaro, Lonza, Inc.; Paul Dijkstra, InterHealth Nutraceuticals Inc.; Jim Hyde, Albion Laboratories, Inc.; Mike Satow, Nutrition 21; and Brian Schaneberg, Mars Botanical.
Following is a list of CRN’s Board of Directors, including the Executive Committee (in bold) and the Officers (as noted), for 2012:
- John Blair, NSA, LLC (Juice Plus+ ®) (Chair-elect)
- Kristen Blanchard, Nutramax Laboratories, Inc. (Secretary)
- Paul Bolar, Pharmavite LLC
- Michael Bradley, Perrigo Company
- David Christensen, Bayer HealthCare
- Richard D’Aloisio, Kraft Foods
- Mike DeGennaro, Lonza, Inc.
- Paul Dijkstra, InterHealth Nutraceuticals Inc.
- Greg Dodson, Archer Daniels Midland Company
- Noelle Cloud Dugan, Pfizer Consumer Healthcare (Acting)
- Larry Esposito, Innophos, Inc.
- Marjorie Fine, Shaklee Corporation
- Pierre Fitzgibbon, Atrium Innovations, Inc.
- Ron Fugate, Alacer Corp. (Treasurer)
- Jim Hamilton, DSM Nutritional Products (Chair)
- Carl Hastings, Reliv International, Inc.
- David Henstrom, Cargill Health & Nutrition
- Jim Hyde, Albion Laboratories, Inc.
- Samy Jandali, BASF Corporation
- Harvey Kamil, NBTY, Inc.
- Mark LeDoux, Natural Alternatives International, Inc. (Immediate Past Chair)
- Steve Mister, CRN (President & CEO)
- David Morrison, The Vitamin Shoppe
- Vic Neufeld, Jamieson Laboratories Ltd.
- Al Powers, NOW Foods
- Mike Satow, Nutrition 21
- Ona Scandurra, Country Life Vitamins
- Brian Schaneberg, Mars Botanical
- Michelle Stout, Amway/Nutrilite
- David Sullivan, General Nutrition Centers, Inc.
- Sharon Tonetta, Bausch & Lomb
- Debbie Trinker, Kemin Health, L.C.
- John Venardos, Herbalife, Ltd.
- Tyler Whitehead, Nu Skin Enterprises, Inc.
In addition, CRN Chairman Jim Hamilton, President of DSM Nutritional Products, in consultation with CRN staff, has appointed new Committee chairs as follows:
- Government Relations Committee—Florence Okaro, NBTY, Inc.
- Government Relations State Subcommittee—Ken Rowe, Airborne, Inc.
- Sports Nutrition Working Group—Keith Wheeler, Abbott Nutrition
Other Committee chairs include:
- Communications and Media Outreach Committee—Doug Jones, Pharmavite LLC
- International Trade and Market Development Committee—John Venardos, Herbalife, Ltd.
- Regulatory Affairs Committee—Kevin Boot, Embria Health Sciences and Jesus Muniz, Pfizer Consumer Healthcare (co-chairs)
- Senior Scientific Advisory Council—Michael McBurney, DSM Nutritional Products
CRN also has numerous subcommittees and working groups.