Washington, D.C., January 31, 2017 —The Council for Responsible Nutrition (CRN), the leading trade association for the dietary supplement and functional food industry, is pleased to announce that Jim Hyde, vice president and general manager at Balchem Human Nutrition and Pharma, has been elected chair of the association’s Board of Directors. He has served on CRN’s Executive Committee for the last five years. Mr. Hyde will hold the chairman position through 2018, succeeding Harvey Kamil, vice chairman of The Nature’s Bounty Company. Mr. Kamil will continue to serve on the Board as immediate past chair.
Mr. Hyde has 20 years of experience in the dietary supplement industry. He served as the CEO of Albion Laboratories, Inc. for 16 years until Albion was acquired by Balchem Corporation in February 2016, at which point he assumed his current position with Balchem.
CRN’s 2017 Board of Directors is listed below with Executive Committee appointees noted with an asterisk. The Executive Committee serves as an advisory council to the Board regarding key issues impacting the association’s member companies and the industry. Board Officers are indicated in parenthesis on the list. The Chair-elect position has not yet been filled. Steve Mister, CRN President & CEO, will continue to serve as a Board Officer.
CRN Board of Directors 2017
- Michael Bentley, SierraSil Health Inc.
- John Blair, The Juice Plus+ Company, LLC
- Kristen Blanchard, Nutramax Laboratories
- Paul Bolar, Pharmavite LLC *
- David Campbell, Reckitt Benckiser Group PLC
- Mike Devereux, Nature’s Way Brands*
- To be announced, NOW Foods
- Marjorie Fine, Shaklee Corporation
- Bill Frankos, Herbalife, Ltd.*
- Laura Harkness, Church and Dwight Co. Inc.
- Mark Hornick, Jamieson Laboratories Ltd.
- Kirk Jowers, doTerra International
- Harvey Kamil, The Nature’s Bounty Co.* (Immediate Past Chair)
- Randy King, Procter & Gamble/New Chapter Inc.*
- Allison Levy, AdvoCare International, LP*
- David Morrison, The Vitamin Shoppe* (Secretary)
- Ken Myers, Nu Skin Enterprises, Inc.
- Claire Payawal, Pfizer Consumer Healthcare
- Scott Ravech, Deerland Enzymes
- Barry Ritz, Atrium Innovations, Inc.*
- Girard Smith, Bayer HealthCare*
- Nancy Steely, Arbonne International
- Craig Stevenson, The Clorox Company
- Michelle Stout, Amway/Nutrilite*
- Ken Strick, Glanbia Performance Nutrition, Inc.* (Treasurer)
- Ben Teicher, Healthy Directions, LLC
- John Venardos, Vitalize LLC
- Danielle Virant, Abbott Nutrition
- Marc Washington, Beachbody, LLC
- Rob Wildman, Post Holdings, Inc.
- Kevin Boot, Embria Health Sciences
- Tobe Cohen, DSM Nutritional Products*
- Andrea Ferrenz, Innophos, Inc.
- Jim Hamilton, Neptune Wellness Solutions
- David Henstrom, Cargill Health & Nutrition
- Jim Hyde, Albion Laboratories, Inc.* (Chair)
- Mark LeDoux, Natural Alternatives International
- Patrick McCullough, Lonza, Inc.
- Micah Osborne, ESM Technologies, LLC (Stratum Nutrition)
- Kevin Salerno, HORN Nutraceuticals
- Bret Scholtes, Omega Protein/Nutegrity
- Jim Watson, Watson Inc.*
In addition, Mr. Hyde appointed the following committee chairs.
- Audit Committee — Jim Hamilton, Neptune Technologies
- Communications and Media Outreach Committee — Ruth Winker, Jamieson Laboratories
- CRN Political Action Committee — Allison Levy, Advocare International, LP
- Government Relations Committee — Kristen Blanchard, Nutramax Laboratories
- International Trade and Market Development Committee — John Dardis, Glanbia Performance Nutrition, Inc.
- Legal Committee — Andrea Ferrenz, Innophos, Inc.
- Membership Committee — Scott Ravech, Deerland Enzymes
- Personnel & Compensation Committee — Paul Bolar, Pharmavite LLC
- Regulatory Affairs Committee — Travis Borchardt, Nature’s Way Brands (co-chair), and Billy Turney, DSM Nutritional Products (co-chair)
- Senior Scientific Advisory Council — Casey Vanous, Herbalife, Ltd.
For a complete list of CRN member companies, visit CRN’s website. For information on membership with CRN, please contact Carl Hyland, senior director, membership development, CRN, at 202-204-7674 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note to Editor: The Council for Responsible Nutrition (CRN), founded in 1973, is a Washington, D.C.-based trade association representing 150+ dietary supplement and functional food manufacturers, ingredient suppliers, and companies providing services to those manufacturers and suppliers. In addition to complying with a host of federal and state regulations governing dietary supplements and food in the areas of manufacturing, marketing, quality control and safety, our manufacturer and supplier members also agree to adhere to additional voluntary guidelines as well as to CRN’s Code of Ethics. Visit www.crnusa.org. Follow us on Twitter @crn_supplements and @wannabewell and on Facebook.