Voluntary guidelines and best practices are one of the hallmarks of CRN’s self-regulatory efforts. Member companies are expected to follow government regulations and voluntarily adhere to a strong Code of Ethics.
CRN and its member companies also develop recommendations for the industry including:
- CRN Recommended Guidelines for Caffeine-Containing Dietary Supplements
- Best Practices Guide for Enzyme Dietary Supplement Products
- CRN Recommended Guidelines for Iodine Quantity in Multivitamin/Mineral Supplements for Pregnancy and Lactation
- Recommended Guidelines for Labeling and Formulation of Melatonin-Containing Dietary Supplements for Sleep Support
- Best Practices for Probiotics
- CRN Guidelines for Labeling of Protein in Dietary Supplements and Functional Foods
- CRN Recommended Guidelines for SARMs‐Containing Dietary Supplements
- Safety Considerations for Dosage Recommendations and Labeling (See also CRN's Vitamin and Mineral Safety publication)
In addition, CRN is part of the SIDI Work Group, whose expert volunteers develop guidelines as tools for the dietary supplement industry.