Catch up on supplement industry issues as we face new challenges together
MAY 6, 2020
CRN remains active on key supplement industry issues while addressing COVID-19 challenges and looking ahead to next steps
Steve Mister spoke to CRN members Monday via video about our work for you as we face new challenges responding to COVID-19—including returning our operations to full strength, safely and responsibly—as well as continuing to move forward our planned priority initiatives for 2020 where we can.
Many of you asked for additional information on the items Steve discussed, so we've gathered your need-to-know content on these topics from the CRN Daily Supplement in a review edition today to help you get caught up. In addition, we invite you to connect with CRN staff and committees to stay updated—and get involved. And be sure to check out CRN's COVID-19 webinar series, with new topics coming up and valuable on-demand resources now available.
Need assistance accessing CRN's Members Only content?
Contact Gretchen Powers (firstname.lastname@example.org) for help logging in.
- COVID-19 resources for the dietary supplement industry
- CISA specifies supplements as essential
- Supply chain disruptions reported to USDA
- CRN urges IRS to allow supplements in HSA/FSA reimbursals
- Small businesses must act quickly to access funds from fourth COVID-19 relief package
- Congress must act to assure employer liability doesn’t derail recovery
- CRN's Olsen urges state AGs to press FDA on CBD
- Oregon temporarily postpones problematic rulemaking, shifting immediate focus to COVID-19 claims
- CRN defends against Oregon private right of action proposal
- CRN to submit comments on the 2020 Dietary Guidelines Advisory Committee's draft report by new June deadline
- Botanical Safety Consortium efforts go forward in earnest
Today: Take a 'Genius Break,' learn best practices for virtual meetings and how to communicate during a health crisis
Free for all CRN members. Join us from 2:30–4:30 pm Eastern. Register by 12 pm Eastern to ensure your spot. Contact Holly Vogtman with questions (email@example.com).
CRN Regulatory Affairs Committee Call
2:00 pm Eastern
Webinar—COVID-19 and the Impact on Dietary Supplement Clinical Research
2:00 pm Eastern
USP Dietary Supplement Stakeholder Forum
Botanical Safety Consortium public meeting
ASN Nutrition Live Online
—Huber; Griffiths; Nguyen
It's on—the CRN/ACI Legal, Regulatory and Compliance Forum will be presented via webcast
Learn more and register by June 5 for the best rates via the ACI website. CRN members save an additional 10% with the code P10-669-CRN20. For this year's event webcast, the add-on workshops—normally $1200—are included.